ABOUT NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand is famous for its breathtaking scenery – a pleasant place to live and a great study destination.
New Zealand is quite spectacular, is a land of tremendous and diverse landscape. It is a place where you will see things which you would not see any where in the world. You can see rugged mountains, golden sand beaches, vast plains, subtropical forests and miles of coastline. New Zealanders, affectionately called Kiwis, are quite friendly in nature, and welcoming to new people. New Zealand is a multi – cultured nation, with a combination of Maori (The indigenous people), Pacific Island, European and Asian people.
New Zealand has an excellent, centrally managed quality assurance system. The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) requires that institutions are registered to enroll international students and ensures compliance with qualifications standards. Five New Zealand universities were ranked in the top 400 universities in the world by the 2013-2014 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING IN NEW ZEALAND
- World Class Qualifications with global recognition
- Low cost of education, compared to most other countries English speaking country
- A vibrant economy, with good growth in jobs
- Offers Permanent Residency to qualified and eligible students
- Spouse can accompany student
- One year study gives one year job search vis
- Simple Application and visa process
- Part time work allowed during studies
CLIMATE AND WEATHER IN NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand has mild temperatures, high rainfall, and lots of sunshine. You can also enjoy hot summers, beautiful spring and autumn colors, and crisp winter snow.
NEW ZEALAND VISA
You will need a student visa if you wish to come to New Zealand to study full-time for more than 3 months. You can only get a student visa to study in a course at an education institution, which is registered and approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. Student Visa applications are processed by New Zealand Immigration Service, New Delhi. Your student visa will be issued for the length of time your course tuition fees have been paid for. If you are studying a long-term course at a secondary school, University or Polytechnic you will normally pay your tuition fees every year. Visa application should be lodged at least 2 months prior to the course commencement date.
STUDENT VISA APPLICATION FORM
- Visa Fee payable by Demand Draft favoring “New Zealand Immigration Service” payable at New Delhi
- Covering Letter
- Statement of Purpose
- Offer Letter from the Institution
- Guarantee of Accommodation or arrangements made
- Financial Undertaking Form
- Affidavit of Support from Sponsor
- Authorization Letter from Sponsor
- Evidence of Funds and Income in the form of:
- Loan Sanction letter
- Bank Statements / Bank Passbooks for past 6 months, not more than one week old
- Other movable and immovable Assets
- Chartered Accountant Statement / Summary Statement
- Last 3 years income tax papers of all family members
- If Tuition fee is paid in advance, then attach copy of fee receipt.
- Educational Certificates, Mark sheets, Degrees and Diplomas
- IELTS / TOEFL score
- Supplementary Information Form 0%
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
You will be required to take IELTS before you are admitted to a NZ university. We believe that students who have grown up in an English medium environment may not really need any training for the test. Hence, the option has developed a system by which students can assess their ability and be familiar with the format of the test prior to taking it. If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of your English language ability. IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 for undergraduate and 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 for postgraduate level of study. A TOEFL paper test score of 550, internet based 80 for undergraduate and paper test score 575, internet based 90 for postgraduate level of study.